Author Weidmann, Jim
Title Family night tool chest. Book 1, An introduction to family nights : creating lasting impressions for the next generation / Jim Weidmann and Kurt Bruner ; with Mike and Amy Nappa
Published Colorado Springs, CO : ChariotVictor Pub., c1997
Alt Title Introduction to family nights
Description 120 p. : ill. ; 28 cm
Note Includes cumulative topical index
Summary Family night activities that connect with kids and help them understand all about God with sound Biblical principles. Fun activities are interspersed that all relate to the message. Instructions are given to help you adjust for various age levels. The book outlines several innovative family night sessions for kids of all ages. While planned for family devotions, it also is good to use for Sunday school class, children’s church, or a children’s breakout session.
Subject Families — Religious life
Christian education of children
Creative activities and seat work
Parenting — Religious aspects — Christianity
Family relationships — Christian
Series Heritage builders
Add Name/S Bruner, Kurt
Nappa, Mike, 1963-
Nappa, Amy, 1963-
- Personal Author:
- Hybels, Bill.
- Too busy not to pray : slowing down to be with God / Bill Hybels with LaVonne Neff and Ashley Wiersma.
- Rev. and expanded, 3rd ed.
- Publication info:
- Downers Grove, Ill. : IVP Books, c2008.
- Physical description:
- 198 p. ; 22 cm.
- Too Busy Not to Pray is a classic on prayer, helping Christians slow down to draw near to God. Since first appearing in 1988 the world certainly hasn’t slowed down. If anything, the pace, intensity and number of distractions have only increased. Brokenness and pain seem to have increased as well, with news of civil war, poverty, broken families and sex-trafficking touching us daily. The urgent need for prayer is clear, but busyness still keeps many of us from finding time to pray. Two truths haven’t changed: God is the same powerful, just, holy God he’s always been; and true prayer–prayer that changes us and allows us to participate in God’s work in the world–can’t happen on the fly. Hybels offers practical, time-tested ideas on slowing down to pray. Revised throughout and including a new introduction and new chapter on prayer and compassion for the world, this twentieth-anniversary edition calls for prayer as a priority and broadens our vision for what our eternal, powerful God does when his people slow down to pray.
- Subject term:
- Added author:
- Neff, LaVonne.
- Added author:
- Wiersma, Ashley.
- 9780830834754 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Title: Seven promises of a promise keeper / [editors, Al Janssen, Larry K. Weeden].
Publisher: Colorado Springs, Colo. : Focus on the Family ; Dallas : Distribued in the U.S.A. and Canada by Word Books, c1994.
Description: 210 p. ; 24 cm.
Note: Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-210).
Summary : This best selling book has author insights and stories on each of the Promise Keeper’s seven promises.
Subjects: Men — Religious life.
Promises — Religious aspects — Christianity.
Church work with men.
Alt. Authors: Janssen, Al.
Weeden, Larry K.
Author Yohannan, K. P.
Title Revolution in world missions / K.P. Yohannan ; [foreword by David and Karen Mains].
Publisher Carrollton, TX : GFA Books, c2000.
Descrip. 212 p. : ill., ports. ; 22 cm.
Notes Previously published as: The coming revolution in world missions.
Bibliog. Includes bibliographical references.
Summary This is a call for the church to be the church – burdened for the lost, and using all of its resources in the most effective way possible to reach them. KP Yohanan presents a beautiful way that God is working in these last days. He proves how ineffective mission trips are, how ineffecient, and how the same resources could be used to help the church around the world send out its own missionaries, who are far stronger than the average American. It is also a radical call to true Christian living – - sacrifice.
Alt Author Yohannan, K. P. Coming revolution in world missions.
Author Lindsey, Hal.
Title The rapture : truth or consequences / Hal Lindsey.
Publisher Toronto ; New York : Bantam Books, 1983.
Descrip. 176 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
Summary Takes the entire book of Revelation step by step, and presents the background, supporting logic, and meanings for the mysteries you encounter in this most difficult book. In subjects where there are honest differences of opinion, it presents both sides of the argument, and provides the author’s take on the pros and cons of each.
Subject Rapture (Christian eschatology)
Bible — Prophecies.
ISBN 0553014110 (pbk.)
||George, Carl F.
||Prepare your church for the future / Carl F. George.
||Tarrytown, N.Y. : F.H. Revell, c1991.
||240 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
||Includes bibliographical references and index.
||By analyzing the present-day church and examining societal trends, Carl George presents a model that can mobilize your church for outreach.
||Christianity — Forecasting.
Cost of Descipleship / by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, c1959
352 p.: Indexes (pp.345-352)
Sermon on the Mount
Bible, Christian, Christian living, Discipleship, Grace