Author González, Justo L.
Title The Apostles’ Creed for today / Justo L. González.
Publisher Louisville, Ky. : Westminster John Knox Press, c2007.
Edition 1st ed.
Physical Description xii, 100 p. ; 22 cm.
Notes Includes bibliographical references (p. 100).
Subject 1. Apostles’ Creed.
ISBN/ISSN 0664229336 (alk. paper)
Author Barclay, William, 1907-1978.
Title The Apostles’ Creed / William Barclay.
Other title Apostles’ Creed for every man
Published Louisville, Ky. : Westminster John Knox Press, c1998.
Description x, 324 p. ; 19 cm.
Series William Barclay library
Note Orignially published: The plain man looks at the Apostles’ creed. London : Collins, c1967. American ed. published: The Apostles’ Creed for every man. New York : Harper & Row, 1967.
Subject Apostles’ Creed.
ISBN 0664258263 (pbk.)
- Personal Author:
- McKnight, Scot.
- The Jesus creed : loving God, loving others / Scot McKnight.
- Publication info:
- Brewster, Mass. : Paraclete Press, c2004.
- Physical description:
- xvi, 335 p. ; 21 cm.
- The Jesus creed — Praying the Jesus creed — The Abba of the Jesus creed — The Jesus creed as a table — A creed of sacred love — A creed for others — John the Baptist : the story of new beginnings — Joseph : the story of reputation — Mary : the story of vocation — Peter : the story of conversion — John : the story of love — Women : the story of compassion — A society of transformation — A society of mustard seeds — A society for justice — A society of restoration — A society of joy — A society with perspective — Believing in Jesus — Abiding in Jesus — Surrendering in Jesus — Restoring in Jesus — Forgiving in Jesus — Reaching out in Jesus — In the Jordan with Jesus — In the wilderness with Jesus — On the mountain with Jesus — At the Last Supper with Jesus — At the cross with Jesus — At the tomb with Jesus.
- Winner of the 2005 Christianity Today Book Award When an expert in the law asked Jesus for the greatest commandment, Jesus responded with the Shema, the ancient Jewish creed that commands Israel to love God with heart, soul, mind, and strength. But the next part of Jesus’ answer would change the course of history. Jesus amended theShema, giving his followers a new creed for life: to love God with heart, soul, mind, and strength, but also to love others as themselves. Discover how the Jesus Creed of love for God and others can transform your life.
- Subject term:
- Love–Religious aspects–Christianity.