Lundholm, Algot Theodore
Women of the Bible / Algot Theodore Lundholm
Philadelphia PA: Fortress Press, c1948
Women of the Bible
Bible, Bible study, Christianity, Religion, Women
Hess, Karen Matison
God’s Joy in My Heart / Karen Matison Hess and Ruth Youngdahl Nelson
Minneapolis, MN: Augsburg Publishing House, c1980
254 p.: illus.; 24 cm.
Biography—Lutheran, Ruth Youngdahl Nelson
Nelson, Ruth Youngdahl—Biography
autobiography, biographical, Christian living
Gerson, Noel B. (Noel Bertram), 1914-1988.
Harriet Beecher Stowe : a biography / by Noel B. Gerson.
New York : Praeger Publishers, 1976.
218 p. ; 22 cm.
Biography—Authors, American, 19th Century, Harriet Beecher Stowe
Stowe, Harriet Beecher, 1811-1896—Biography
bio, biography, feminist, Harriet Beecher Stowe, women’s studies
Jones, E. Stanley
Gandhi: portrayal of a friend / E. Stanley Jones
Nashville TN: Abingdon Press, c1948
Nobody is better qualified to articulate the merits of Mohatma Gandhi than E. Stanley Jones. First, Jones was a close friend of Gandhi’s for many years, and second, Jones was a humble enough westernized Christian to see that the brightest shining light of his time was an eastern Hindu.
Although this book is only 160 pages, it is dynamic enough for Martin Luther King Jr. to consider it the best book on Gandhi ever written. I would only add that this book cannot be simply read and understood, it demands to be demonstrated in the life of the reader.
Biography, History, India, Spiritual, Statesman, Way of life
- Personal Author:
- Abraham, William J. (William James), 1947-
- Wesley for armchair theologians / William J. Abraham ; illustrations by Ron Hill.
- 1st ed.
- Publication info:
- Louisville, Ky. : Westminster John Knox Press, c2005.
- Physical description:
- 195 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Written by experts but designed for the novice, the Armchair series provides accurate, concise, and witty overviews of some of the most profound moments and theologians in Christian history. These books are essential supplements for first-time encounters with primary texts, lucid refreshers for scholars and clergy, and enjoyable reads for the theologically curious. Wesley for Armchair Theologians engagingly presents the life and theology of John Wesley (1703-1791), the founder of Methodism.
- Held by:
- TLN_49 CLAW_15
- Personal subject:
- Wesley, John, 1703-1791.
- Subject term:
- Methodist Church–Doctrines.
- Subject term:
- Theology, Doctrinal.
Author: Young, Andrew, 1932-
Title: A way out of no way : the spiritual memoirs of Andrew Young.
Publisher: Nashville : T. Nelson Publishers, c1994.
Physical description: xiii, 172 p. ; 22 cm.
Note: Includes bibliographical references.
Subjects: Legislators — United States — Biography.
Ambassadors — United States — Biography.
Civil rights workers — United States — Biography.
African Americans — Biography.
African Americans — Civil rights.
Civil rights movements — United States — History — 20th century.
United States. Congress. House — Biography.
United Church of Christ — United States — Clergy — Biography.
Young, Andrew, 1932-