- YA FIC O
- Personal Author:
- O’Dell, Scott, 1898-1989.
- The hawk that dare not hunt by day / Scott O’Dell.
- Publication info:
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 1975.
- Physical description:
- xi, 182 p. ; 22 cm.
- Summary: William Tyndale was the hawk that dare not hunt by day. Hunted, hated by many, a fugitive in several countries, this humble man’s pen changed the course of history. For modern Christians, he is the symbol of scholarship and courage, determination and meekness. For Tom Barton, he was father and friend, teacher and comforter, and the first true testimony of Christ in a godless age.
- Personal subject:
- Tyndale, William, d. 1536–Young adult fiction.
- Subject term: Smuggling–Young adult fiction.
- Subject term: Reformation–Young adult fiction.
- Subject term: English Bible–Young adult fiction.
- Geographic term:
- Europe–History–1517-1648–Young adult fiction.
- 0890843686 $6.49
Author:Hall, Ennen Reaves.
Title:One saint and seven sinners.
Description: 243 p. 21 cm.
Summary: Folksy remembrances of the turn of the 19th century and a Baptist preacher’s family with six children moves to a small town in Oklahoma Indian Territory. The daughter’s coming of age is told with wit as she looks about at her family and the people around her.
Subject: Clergy –Family relationships.